Memory problems are one of a number of symptoms that people with dementia may experience. There are many reasons for this. We commonly refer to dementia as Alzheimer’s disease. About 60% of dementia is caused by Alzheimer’s. Dementia occurs when brain cells are destroyed. The body will show many symptoms from the very beginning. Recognizing this will help keep the disease at bay.
Besides dementia, there are other diseases like this. As we age, we seem to have hearing and vision impairments. Depression can also occur. A good percentage of dementia can also be prevented. Try to follow these points to keep dementia to a great extent.
- Don’t smoke.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Get plenty of exercises.
- Eat healthy food.
- Manage health problems including diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
- Stay mentally alert by learning new hobbies, reading, or solving crossword puzzles.
- Stay involved socially. Attend community activities, church, or support groups.
- If your doctor recommends it, take aspirin.
- Opt for a healthy diet