LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia has gone another day with no new locally acquired coronavirus cases but NSW suburbs are on alert after viral fragments were detected in wastewater.
* Residents of dozens of NSW suburbs are being urged to monitor any possible coronavirus symptoms after viral fragments were detected at two wastewater plants.
* States and territories on Saturday recorded another day of no new locally acquired cases.
* Seven cases were recorded in hotel quarantine – three in Victoria, two in Western Australia and one each in NSW and the Northern Territory.
* Victoria has reopened its border to almost all of NSW, which has now gone six straight days without a local virus case.
* Victoria is allowing more household visitors after the state government further lifted restrictions in time for the long weekend.The indoor gathering limit at homes doubled at midnight on Friday from 15 people to 30.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Seven new virus cases were reported in Australia on Saturday: three in Victoria, two in WA and one each in NSW and the Northern Territory. All were diagnosed in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 98,174,074
* Deaths: at least 2,107,281
* Recovered: at least 70,949,904
Data current as of 1730 AEDT on January 23, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.